Video Streaming Engineers
Video Streaming Engineers
Vidillion is a global leader in video ad yield optimization platform that is focused on delivering the highest value to publishers without the conflict of other video platforms which play both sides of the market (buy and sell). Vidillion technology powers the analysis and automated sale of video advertising inventory across dozens of programmatic sales channels ensuring the highest prices for the publisher.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Vidillion's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
You'll enjoy a culture in which everyone has a voice, thrives off of each other’s creativity and experience, and one in which you know that everyone there is as hard-working and motivated as you are.
- Evaluate and select products to be used in support of monitoring and measuring quality of service and troubleshooting efforts.
- Work closely with product groups to design and deliver a high quality of service for the video product.
- Interface with Customer Support and the Network Operations Center regarding live streaming events and the scalability and quality of service delivered by the supporting infrastructure.
- Perform analysis, diagnosis and resolution of video encoding/transcoding hardware/software issues and implement corrective solutions for live systems.
- Configure, develop, test and implement appropriate codec settings for live video streaming.
- Consult and help implement new video services and/or products in furthering the evolution of the streaming ecosystem with a focus on quality of service, high availability, and scalability.
- Perform periodic trend analysis on service impairment, outages, and customer support history.
- Cultivate relationships with current and existing vendors/partners to improve video quality of service and experience.
- Bachelors Degree or higher in any Discipline University
- Minimum of 5 years Video Streaming related experience
- Linux administration experience, Ubuntu experience will be pluses.
- Proven video streaming and media workflow experience and in-depth knowledge, and understanding of all streaming technologies (transcoding, encoding etc.)
- Strong experience with video and audio codec (MPEG2/4, H264/AVC, VP9, AV1, HEVC, AAC, MP3, 3gp)
- Strong knowledge of Encoding Standards (H.264, AAC, GOP structure, I-P-B-frame schemes, profiles, bit-rates, aspect ratios, DRM encryption and DASH packaging)
- Ability to communicate complex technical problems to non-technical personnel in a competent and concise way.
- Knowledge of streaming providers and vendors: CDN’s(Level3, Akamai, Cloudfront, Highwinds etc.), Cloud Providers, OVP's, Encoding Hardware, etc.
- Strong Knowledge of Video Content Management Systems, video player development and securitization of video.
- Experience working with streaming software (Wowza, Apache, Windows Server, Kulabyte, Flash Media Server, ffmpeg, VLC, Wirecast).
- Adept with Video Compression for multiple devices / Any screen
- Must be self-motivated, detail oriented with excellent communication/interpersonal skills.
- Perfect understanding of Apples HLS standards, associated best practices, manifest files, and implementation issues
- Extensive experience with UDP transport devices such as DVEO Dozer, Netinsight Nimbra, Haivision, Videoflow, etc; and benefit of IP/UDP transmission vs. satellite transmission
- Extensive experience with setting up and ingesting TV streams, knowing source and destination IP address and port
- Familiar with satellite / teleport infrastructure, satellite footprint, available satellites per channel, benefit of satellite transmission vs IP/UDP transmission
- Extensive experience with HLS and DASH encoding; including impact of bit rate, fps, size, etc on bandwidth requirements
- Extensive experience with mpeg-ts, mpeg transport, and transcoding
- Deep understanding of web video players (JW Player, BitMovin, etc) and CTV device players (AppleTV, Amazon FireTV, Roku, etc)
Location: Surat, India
***** NO PHONE CALLS. RECRUITERS DO NOT CONTACT US *****