Vice President Technical Operation
Vice President Technical Operation
Vidillion is looking for a strong leader to join our team as Vice President of Technical Operations. We are looking for a proactive, self-starter, and who has proven track record of leading software development and technical operations teams to achieve outstanding results, and can thrive in this fast-paced environment.
Are you naturally a leader, but still love to keep your hands in technology and architecture daily? Do you embrace technology to solve business problems in a high-volume, high scalability environment? Can you hire, mentor and get the very best out of bright engineers? If so, you may be well suited for this role.
Cloud, Ubuntu, Cisco networking, Dell server hardware, video streaming, data center infrastructure, management, leadership
Vidillion provides a revolutionary private advertising cloud solution for Connected Television (CTV) and Mobile Digital Video, to Online Video Distributors (OVD) and Over-The-Top (OTT) system operators. Vidillion's advertising cloud platform delivers millions of CTV ads per day in over 120 countries. In order to continue the successful growth of the company Vidillion is looking for a Vice President of Technical Operations.
The Vice President of Technical Operations provides oversight to a diverse group of NOC staff, support engineers, system and network administrators in multiple locations. This position provides guidance and support for a highly technical pool of resources, and requires knowledge unique to the data center environment, including server and network virtualization, physical infrastructure, network and security operations activities, data storage, and disaster recovery. The ideal candidate for this role is a hands-on technically adept person with experience architecting and implementing highly reliable and scalable solutions.
This role will require significant technical input at the architectural and coding level.
- A strong understanding of how to turn a business strategy roadmap into detailed software development.
- Proactive, hands-on, and self-motivated, committed to achieving deadlines, meeting and producing results.
- Proven ability to produce quality deliverables within aggressive timelines and manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to provide technical leadership in driving architecture, technical trade-offs, and driving best design practices.
- Experience working with virtual cloud technologies based on Ubuntu, Dell, Cisco environments.
- A deep understanding of network scalability, reliability, redundancy, video viewer QoS.
- Technical hands-on experience with:
- Security tools.
- Ubuntu server products and administration.
- Experience evaluating and refining operations procedures, including process documentation, system operating and training materials.
- Experience working with 3rd party development teams.
- Experience leading a technical operations team providing exceptional user support and repeatable customer implementation and operation.
- Understand the underlying principles, processes, enabling tools and technologies for systems management, network management, and security management.
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication and relationship building skills.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent plus a minimum of 10 years industry experience.
- Video encoding hardware (Elemental Live, Matrox Monarch HD, etc.)
- Video encoding specs (1080p, 29.97 fps, etc.)
- Video transport (DVEO Dozer, Zixi, Netinsight Nimbra VA-210, etc.)
- SCTE-35, DTMF ad triggers
- Video transcoding (HLS-ABR, DASH)
- Playout / play list servers
- CTV devices (Roku, Amazon Fired, Apple TVOS, etc.)
- VAST (Video Ad Serving Template) Specification
This position is located in Las Vegas, NV.
***** NO PHONE CALLS. RECRUITERS DO NOT CONTACT US *****