Senior Ubuntu Administrator
Senior Ubuntu Administrator
Vidillion provides a revolutionary private advertising cloud solution for Connected Television (CTV) and Mobile Digital Video, to Online Video Distributors (OVD) and Over-The-Top (OTT) system operators. Vidillion's advertising cloud platform delivers millions of CTV ads per day in over 120 countries.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Vidillion's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
You'll enjoy a culture in which everyone has a voice, thrives off of each others creativity and experience, and one in which you know that everyone there is as hard-working and motivated as you are.
- Monitor and manage pools of Ubuntu servers delivering CDN and video services from multiple POPs around the world
- Monitoring and manage internal and external networks
- Help define and validate system configurations for high availability
- Handle day-to-day problems and service requests related to OS, Server and Public/Private clouds
- Perform Root Cause Analysis, continuous improvements and documentation.
- Perform capacity management of help develop scaling strategy of physical and virtual servers
- Develop and maintain disaster recovery plans for the servers and CDN infrastructure
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation and maintenance windows
- Complete appropriate validation paperwork as required with minimal deviations or discrepancies
- Bachelors Degree or higher in any Discipline University
- 5+ years of Linux System Administration experience.
- 3+ years in Ubuntu Systems Administration role in a large environment required.
- Candidate will possess strong knowledge of Ubuntu servers, with a good understanding of networking and related protocols.
- Ability to program in at least one scripting language in addition to Bash (Python/Perl/PHP/Ruby).
- Experience with KVM Virtualization, Dockers and LXD Containers.
- Experience in Disk Management, Storage environments like NAS/SAN. Working experience with ZFS Pools, Hard & Soft RAID environment.
- Familiar and comfortable with the following: Apache, ngnix, DB (MySQL), SNMP, dtrace/strace and network analysis tools.
- Experience in creating software/scripts to automate production systems with one of the following languages: python, perl, C/C++, etc.
- Familiarity with public cloud infrastructure such as AWS and experience managing a hybrid environment
- Willingness to work in flexible timings including night shift (24/7)
- LPI Certification or International Certification
- Experience with configuration management with tools like Ansible, Puppet, Chef and others
- Experience with hardware encoders/transcoders like Harmonic, Elemental, Telairity, Matrox, DVEO, etc.
- Experience with software encoders/transcoders like ffmpeg/libav, FMLE, Wirecast, Wowza, VLC etc.
- Experience with CDN Networks like Akamai, Level3, Edgecast, Amazon CloudFront etc.
- Knowledge of Streaming Protocols HLS, MPEG-DASH, RTMP, RTSP/RTP
- Knowledge of Video/Audio Codecs like H.264, HEVC, VC1, AAC, MP3 and others
Location: Surat, India
***** NO PHONE CALLS. RECRUITERS DO NOT CONTACT US *****